11/08/2017

Welcome to Stubbed Home Lab

Welcome to Stubbed Home Lab,

Here I will document, ramble, and rave about what I done or will do with my own home network lab.

What is a home network lab?

It's is when a person is interested in learning and practicing working with protocols, software, and hardware.  There is no standard, definition, or requirements to call something a network lab.  It can be as simple as a collection of virtual machines on a computer or as complex with racks of servers, routers, and switches.  It is up to what you are interested in learning, your budget, and level of knowledge, to how and what you fill your lab.

What is in MY lab?

I started it while working towards a degree in data networking so I've got a stack of Cisco router and switches (it was CCNP level when bought), a console server, and a handful of  x86 computers for servers and hosts.


When and what will you post about?

  My goal is to post once a week or more about important or difficult things done in my lab soon after I do them.   I've got a back log of post ideas rolling around in my head already for guides, instructions, and configuration advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Debian/Ubunt Package Installation from Default Repositories.

Before you Begin Note: This is meant to be a building upon the previous posts with minimal repetition, the previous post has relevant info...